1 minute read
I’ve done some quick testing, and the problem seems to be with the minified version of jQuery 1.9.0, *not* 1.9.0 itself. When I use the non-minified version, my test pages perform just fine.
I’ve added a note to the home page of SPServices to this effect:
2013-01-29 – At this time, SPServices seems to work just fine with jQuery 1.9.0, but NOT with the minified version. If you need to use jQuery 1.9.0, please stick with the non-minified version or minify your own version.
At this point, I’m not sure what the exact problem is, but I’ll try to contact the jQuery team to see if there have been any other reports of issues. I’m not sure how well that will go, but at least there’s a workaround.
I found some other reports of issues which are caused by this line at the end of the minified version of jQuery 1.9.0:
While the source mapping capability sounds useful, having this line in the minified version causes another library following that line to throw errors, which is explained well on this thread at StackOverflow.
[important]This is a known issue with jQuery 1.9.0, which the team has already fixed for the next version. Here’s the bug in the jQuery bug tracker: http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/13274[/important]