3 minute read
Today I released v0.4.6 of my jQuery Library for SharePoint Web Services. This version was fun to work on because I’ve got quite a few people out there in the world (California, North Carolina, Sweden) using the library actively, so we were able to work together pretty much real time to get enhancements and bug fixes into the library together. This was also the first release where I decided to keep a current alpha version posted on Codeplex while I was doing the work. This was rewarding because there was a real feedback loop going on. I think this is a better way to go in the future, so watch for more alpha versions you can kick the tires on for me (actually for all of us).
This release has two really nice enhancements:
- Both SPCascadeDropdowns and SPDisplayRelatedInfo now have a new CAMLQuery option which allows you to specify additional filters on the relationshipList. You specify this as an additional CAML fragment which is then <And>ed with the filters which the library uses to grab the allowable values. For example, the CAMLQuery option can contain a CAML fragment like:
CAMLQuery: "<Gt><FieldRef Name='ID'/><Value Type='Counter'>1</Value></Gt>"
CAMLQuery: "<Eq><FieldRef Name='Status'/><Value Type='Text'>Active</Value></Eq>"
Additionally, the $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns and $().SPServices.SPSPDisplayRelatedInfo functions are now *much* more efficient. As part of the refactoring I did in v0.4.5, there were some unnecessary Web Services calls happening. With this efficiency change, there are no unneeded calls, so the dropdowns ought to behave almost as fast as they would without the functions sitting behind them.Of course there are some bug fixes as well.
Bug Fixes and Efficiency