1 minute read
In a previous post, I talked about the problems that I was having getting emails on my iPhone when I was getting SharePoint alerts. I still haven’t figured out the issue, but here’s something I’m trying to solve it.
My Exchange hosting provider recently pointed out that I had exceeded my quota, so I went on a search and destroy mission. I noticed that I had about 18Mb of stuff in the sync error folders in Outlook. I decided to run ScanOST (located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12 if you are running Office 2007, and probably an analogous location with previous versions) to clear this stuff out and resolve the issues.
I’m not sure if this will solve my sync errors with my iPhone, but I’m sure that it can’t hurt, and this will also clear up any sync issues for me. My iPhone is in Boston and I’m in Costa Rica, so I’ll have to report back on the effectiveness of this idea later.
UPDATE 2009-04-02: Alas, no joy in Mudville on this.
UPDATE 2009-07-31: It occurred to me today that this hasn’t happened in a while. Maybe the 3.0 OS upgrade fixed it, but I can’t say for sure.