0 minute read
I’ll admit that I sometimes make mistakes. Here’s a clear one. When I made some changes to the way I initialize the default options in SPServices to help slim down the footprint, I missed testing a few things. Luckily, alert SPServices user mbroschat caught it very soon after I released v0.7.1 and I was able to get a fix in place quickly.
If you see a script error like
‘updates.length’ is null or not an object code: 0
then you are seeing the bug. I used to initialize most of the default values for the options to empty strings (“”), but I removed that wasteful code in v0.7.1. Unfortunately I missed this one effect in my testing.
If you’ve downloaded v0.7.1, then please return to the SPServices site on Codeplex and download the replacement v0.7.1a. It contains a fix for this issue and no other changes.
Sorry for any issues.