I’m building it in Survey Monkey, and I wanted to ask you, the entire world, for suggestions about questions. I want the survey to be useful for everyone who uses SPServices, hopefully just like SPServices itself is.
Here are a few sample questions I have so far. Let me know in the comments what else you’d like to know. I’m happy to slip in tangential questions if there’s something you feel it would be useful to know about the folks who might answer it.
How do you use SPServices?
- As an end user – I know that SPServices is used on pages I use, but I don’t understand how.
- As a developer – I use the full suite of SPServices capabilities to build applications.
- As a power user – I add scripts to pages using the Content Editor Web Part.
- As an admin – I manage the farm(s) and use SPServices for reporting and other tasks.
How many user are there for the environment where you use SPServices?
How do you choose to deploy the code you write with SPServices?
- In Content Editor Web Parts (CEWPs) on individual pages
- Added directly to pages with SharePoint Designer
- Added to individual page layouts
- Added to a custom master page
Where do you store your script files, like jQuery and any other plugins?
- In a Document Library within the Site Collection
- In a separate Site Collection used exclusively for administration tasks and content
- In the _layouts folder on the Web Front Ends (WFEs)