1 minute read
You just knew that there would be at least one more post on this, didn’t you? I certainly did, thus the Part 1 (Probably) on the last one.
For those of you who don’t read every single one of my posts (shame on you), I had been having trouble sending email to my wife’s Comcast email account for about a week. I contacted Comcast to try to figure out why and had a less than satisfying experience so I decided to post about it. Well, as of yesterday, things seem to be back to normal. Of course, I haven’t heard anything at all from Comcast, nor do I really expect to. So problem solved, I guess, and me none the wiser.
One thing I didn’t mention in my other post was the great experience I had with my email provider, FPWeb.net on this, as well as any other things like this. Whenever I put in a ticket with FPWeb, I get fast, helpful responses. No, they can’t always solve everything instantly, but that’s the way the world works. The point is that they try hard, they are pleasant about it, and they get it done. That’s why when the guys over at FPWeb told me that they thought the issue was on the Comcast end, I believed them.
In fact, when I wrote the first post and let them know about it (just because I thought they would get a kick out of it) Eric at FPWeb took it upon himself to fill out the Comcast form that “Roselyn” sent me to (http://www.comcastsupport.com/Forms/NET/blockedprovider.asp) as well, just in case it might help.
I can’t say much for Comcast on this one, but as usual, I’ll recommend FPWeb. I use them for both my Exchange-based email and my SharePoint (WSS 3.0) hosting, and they are great. And no, I’m not getting anything for saying this; I’m just a happy customer. Given that I’m a one-man band, they certainly don’t have to pay as much attention to me as they do. But they do, and that matters a lot.